The official release of iOS 13 was made last month by Apple and with its release, a lot of new features were rolled in. Some of the most noticeable and popular ones included an updated Camera app, a more advanced and smarter Siri, Quick Path keyboard and Dark Mode (about which we are going to discuss in this article).
The dark appearance is definitely something that you shouldn’t miss on as it’s not any sort of normal dark mode, instead the developers have literally gone to the next level in terms of the implementation of the feature.
Almost every major supported app has been made to work well in accordance with the system-wide dark theme. Not to forget that it’s not only the services but in fact, there are special dark theme friendly wallpapers too that have been brought in with the new update to add to the overall appealing look of the theme.
Why Use Dark Mode?
There can be many different reasons why someone would want to use ‘Dark Mode’ depending upon their needs and situation. But, here, we will be taking a look at some of the most common reasons. Let’s take a look at them:
- The iPhone’s screen is maybe a bit too harsh on your eyes.
- Just for a different and pleasant visual look
- Use too much mobile at the night-time
- Got a new iPhone with an OLED display
- Want to save battery life
3 Easy Methods To Turn On Dark Mode in iOS 13 For iPhone/iPad:
Most of the methods listed here will be generic, so no matter what you have, whether iPhone or iPad, it will work in most of the cases. Just the main priority is that you should have a supported device and iOS 13 installed on it. Let’s see how we can get dark mode up and running!
Method 1: Using Siri
This is one of the easiest and straightforward method through which you will be able to instantly turn on dark mode. In this method, we will instruct Siri to perform the activity. All you have to do is just speak out, “Hey, Siri, turn on Dark Appearance or “Hey, Siri, turn on Dark Mode”. After this, it should instantly toggle Dark Mode on your device.
If you want to reverse the action then you can say, “Hey, Siri, turn off Dark Appearance” or “Hey Siri, turn off Dark Mode”.
Method 2: Using the Settings App
1) Head to your Settings app
2) Click on Display & Brightness
3) Right over the top, there will be two configurations, Light and Dark. Select Dark and boom you have just entered Dark Mode!
4) If you take a look right below the configurations then you will also find the toggle for Automatic. By enabling this option, your device will itself turn towards dark mode between sunrise and sunset.
5) Under Automatic also, you can find New options section through which you can customize the timing for the activation of your Light Mode and Dark Mode. The default timing for the activation of Light Mode is 7:00 AM whereas for Dark Mode it is 10:00 PM.
Method 3: Using Control Center
1) Swipe diagonally from the top right corner of your screen to open Control Center.
2) Look out for the brightness indicator (sun icon) and hold on it.
3) A full-screen interface should pop up now! At the bottom left, you should see the option, Appearance: Light. Just click on it and your whole system would now go into the dark mode and the option would also read into Appearance: Dark.
4) To avoid some of the hassles, you can follow Settings>Control Center>Customize Controls>>More Controls and add Dark Appearance to the main Control Center interface.
5) Next time, whenever you want to enable dark mode, just head to your Control Center interface and lookout for a half-moon shaped icon and click on it.
In Regards To…
We hope that you would have now understood the right way to enable Dark Mode on your iPhone or IPad. Just remember, that you should be running on iOS 13 otherwise we are sorry to say that you won’t be able to come across the above options. We tried our best to provide a variety of methods so that whichever technique works in your case, you can definitely go with that.